Meat and PotatoesRecipe by Chef Alan Zeman
“Meat and Potatoes”
Bistro Tender, Teres Major Muscle… from the Chuck
- 4ea Bistro Tenders, about 8oz. each
- tt Fuego Red or Sonoran Seasoning
- 3oz Oil
- 12ea Fingerling or Red Potatoes
- 2ea Onions, sliced thin
- Oil for frying
- 4oz “Sonoran Seasoning”
- Oil, season, bistro tenders, mesquite broil like any steak to desired degree of doneness
- For “Tobacco Onions” dredge sliced onions in flour, deep fry at 325 degrees, till lightly brown but not crunchy.
- Steam or simmer potatoes till cooked, about 30 minutes; halve, oil, season and grill a minute or 2 on each side
- Arrange potatoes on plate, slice fan cooked bistro tender, top with tobacco onions, and your fresh seasonal vegetable selection.
- Finish with “Sonoran Magic”, cook 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter in a sauté pan with 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped garlic, till brown or noisette.
- Deglaze with 1 teaspoon Unsalted Sonoran Seasoning, 1oz Worcestershire Sauce, and 4oz rich beef froth or Au Jus, spoon over meat and serve. What is unique is the cut of meat.