Ancho Chili Lamb ShankRecipe by Chef Alan Zeman
Ancho Chili Lamb Shank
- 6 Shanks of Lamb
- 2 Carrots, Large Diced
- 2 Onions, Large Diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, Large Diced
- 1 Bulb Garlic, Chopped
- 1 pt. Red Wine
- 5 Dried Ancho Chilies
- 5 qts. Veal Stock
- 3 tsp. Fuego Red Unsalted Seasoning
- In skillet, season & sear shanks with Fuego Red. Add mirepoix.* Sauté until caramelized, brown.
- Add garlic and anchos; sauté. Deglaze with wine and add stock.
- Cover & simmer for 3 hours or until fork tender.
- Take shanks out and finish sauce either by reduction or with cornstarch.
* A mirepoix is made by sautéing in butter, carrots, onions & celery in the quantities indicated above.